Students and Staff, have you observed a student or staff member at UTHS going above and beyond the call of duty? If so, please consider nominating this deserving individual for the 1st quarter John Deere Award. The committee will be making selections this Tuesday after school.
Happy Homecoming week! A few announcements:
- T-shirts are ready! You can pick them up in the commons area at lunch!
- Voting for King and Queen will start tomorrow and run through Thursday at 3pm.
3 Homecoming dance tickets will be on sale during lunches starting today in the commons!
- Activities for today are:
- Dunk tank during lunch! It will be $1 per person and will be located outside of the cafeteria.
- Volleyball tournament tonight! It will start at 6:30 pm and admission is 5 cans. Make sure to bring your student ID to get in!
- Activities for tomorrow:
- Dress Day: Character/Jersey twin day
- Lunch activity - Karaoke! It will cost $1 per song and will be in the commons at lunch time!
- Night activity - Movie night! We will be watching the new movie "Aladdin" in the auditorium. It starts at 7pm sharp! Boosters will have candy, popcorn and pop for sale, so bring some extra money! Admission will be 5 cans! Make sure you bring your student ID to get in!
Are you registered to vote? Get registered on National Voter Registration Day, Tuesday, September 24. Bring two forms of ID to lunch and we will help you get registered. You must be a U.S. citizen, turn 18 by November 3, 2020, and be an Illinois resident for the past 30 days to register. Remember: YOUR VOTE IS YOUR VOICE
European Trip Openings
Have you always wanted to go to Berlin? Are you interested in visiting Auschwitz concentration camp? Want to experience the old world charm of Budapest? We have two spots open on our Eastern European trip this June. This makes a once in a life time graduation gift! If you are interested please stop by Mrs. Monson's room, 223E and pick up some information. These spots are open for a limited time.
All students interested in the YMCA Youth and Government club: The date for the kick-off meeting HAS CHANGED. We will now be meeting on TUESDAY, September 24 at 3:30 p.m. at the YMCA's Spirit, Mind and Body Center. Transportation is available. Please see Ms. Eisenband in Room 216S for details.
Come to FCA this Wednesday 7am in girl’s gym! Everyone is welcome! We will be having a surprise guest speaker...come to find out who it is! Donuts provided
Foster’s Voice meeting Thursday at 7 am in the girls gym. There will be a quest speaker and donuts!
Attention College bound seniors! If you need help filling out the FAFSA or college applications, please sign up in the counseling office. We will have a representative from ISAC here on Thursday mornings to assist you.
In addition, we will have a college application day on Thursday, September 19th from 9am until 2pm. At this time, our ISAC representative will help you fill out college applications. In order to complete most college applications, you will need to know your social security number and have a credit or debit card to pay the application fee.
College Visits: You must sign up in the Guidance Office in order to attend these college visits.
Sept. 24 Rockford U 10:45 am